Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

The Valentine issue

Sunday, February 03, 2013 Papillon 0 Comments Category :

As I've said before, I'm a romantic, really! But I do not need hearts and flowers every single day! I just need some romance every now and then, to keep it alive and kicking, you know? But, when it comes to Valentine' s Day, it's a whole different story.

It's funny to think back and look at how my perception and expectations regarding this date have changed over the years. There was a time when Valentine's Day was a huge think, a test for the relationship, where big presents, high heeled outfits and fancy dinners were involved. Nowadays I try my best not to do anything special, it just feels forced somehow... fake. As I grew older I've learned a valuable lesson: it's not the big gestures that really matter, but the small ones. The big bouquet of roses on February 14th means nothing compared to a single red rose left on the dinner table one common Tuesday morning. Romance isn't violins and serenades, it's preparing a hot water bag when your feet are colder than ice, or attend to you when you're sick or making you a candle lit dinner... Those are the things that really matter and those are the things we will remember years from now, when we look back nostalgically.

But I'll give it to you... it's always a good excuse to wear something gorgeous and sexy ;) Sometimes we get too caught up on our daily routines and forget to nurture the relationship...

So this year I think I'll compromise with myself: no fancy dinners, no roses or chocolates, maybe just a beautiful lingerie and some candles :)

Be happy and stay in LOVE!


xx




RELATED POSTS

0 comments