Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

A Magazine

Monday, February 04, 2013 Papillon 1 Comments Category : ,

When I was living and working in Paris I had the privilege of participating on the making of the A Magazine curated by Proenza Schouler. My part was really, really small... mostly copy and credits, but I was honored  to participate in the process. You feel like you are part of a secret society somehow, since all the material is highly secretive! 

A Magazine is an amazing project! Each issue is curated by a guest designer who has the freedom of putting together the magazine as he or she sees fit. This means deciding the content, the collaborators, the imagery, the text, I mean... Everything! 

A few names who have curated A Magazine: Martin Margiela, Rodarte, Yohji Yamamoto, Haider Ackerman and Ricardo Tisci... such a pool of talent!!

I can't wait to get my hands on this new issue which favorite medium is illustration. In the words of the famous milliner: "It's not a book. I didn't want to be page after page of slightly meaningless photographs  That's why I thought illustration. I love illustration, I draw every day. And that's the way designers communicate, through drawing."    

A Magazine curated by Stephen Jones launches during Paris Fashion Week.







A sneak peak at the illustrations.

"Anna & Stephen" by Gladys Perint palmer and "Dita in a Top Hat" by David Downton 

xx


RELATED POSTS

1 comments