Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Please take a moment....

Monday, February 11, 2013 Papillon 0 Comments Category : ,

And read this article by Suzy Menkes.

Some moons ago, I decided I wanted to be a writer. And then I got acquainted with fashion and fashion magazines, a love affair began. So, in a very obvious way, I've decided the best thing for me would be to write about fashion. I would become a fashion journalist! My mother, a fashion lover and lunatic just like me, was inspired by the idea and found the perfect person to ask for advice. What should her little girl do if she wanted to become a fashion journalist  The question was received with great surprise and quickly answered with a name: Suzy Menkes. "If she wants to write about fashion, she should start by reading The fashion journalist." And so I did and became a fan of her sharp critic eye and very quickly separated her from the rest. She had her own category in my mind. While working in Paris, we've organized a show and Suzy was expected. I could't contain my excitement and asked for only one thing to my boss: if she had the chance, I would be honoured to meet Suzy, only for a second! Lucky for me, the universe found a way and my wish was fulfilled.  At the end of the show, my boss was able to introduce me to Suzy as her biggest fan; she shook my hand, smiling timidly, and continued her way with her pompadour firmly up. I was starstruck. 

I will remember this day forever because I met someone I really admire, one of my heroes really... One of the many things I love about my job, as I've told you here.

The article below, published on T Magazine yesterday, explores the dynamics of fashion weeks today and the global phenomenon of street style. I leave you with this question: Is the street show more important than the fashion show nowadays? 

I hope you read the article and consider the thoughts of a veteran fashion journalist who has seen this industry move and evolve for decades. Pertinent thoughts from a smart lady. Read it carefully...


Adam Katz Sinding/Le 21Éme







RELATED POSTS

0 comments