Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

To be naive...

Thursday, March 07, 2013 Papillon 0 Comments Category :

Sometimes I'm too naive for my own good. Life has taught me a few things in these 28 years of life and yet I feel like a hopeless baby sometimes. I hate it! I hate those moments when my head screams at me "Damn Girl, that was just naive!!" and I know it's right! It's like I need a babysitter sometimes or maybe just a better filter from my mind to my mouth... It seems I never say what I should say and always say what I shouldn't,  so what the hell is wrong with me?!?

Maybe I  over think things, or just some things, and then I don't think about other things at all... How, I pray, can I make this go away!?!? Even though I know it, it does not mean I can control it which is infuriating because that baby feeling overcomes me again. AHHHHHH....! Why oh why there are some things that are so difficult to change in ourselves? Is it because we are too involved? Or just because we are plain stupid and very stubborn human beings?!... 

Extra information...
(After the reports I set myself with mindless blogging and suddenly I was all inspired again and ready to write! I was happy! I had overcome my tiredness, my empty mind, and I was going to write! And the first sentence that comes to mind is the one you've read above... hum... Interesting! I do write out of instinct you know? My posts are rarely planned, it's a moment thing, and normally it starts with one sentence, because the first sentence is EVERYTHING! It's what catches your eye and your mind and ultimately make you read the rest. So here we are... with that sentence.)

I looked it up and here's what it means to be naive:

na·ive or na·ïve  (n-v, nä-) also na·if or na·ïf (n-f, nä-)
adj.
1. Lacking worldly experience and understanding, especially:
a. Simple and guileless; artless: a child with a naive charm.
b. Unsuspecting or credulous: "Students, often bright but naive, betand losesubstantial sums of money on sporting events" (Tim Layden).
2. Showing or characterized by a lack of sophistication and critical judgment: "this extravagance of metaphors, with its naive bombast" (H.L. Mencken).
3.
a. Not previously subjected to experiments: testing naive mice.
b. Not having previously taken or received a particular drug: persons naive to marijuana.



Hum... let's break this down, shall we?

1. I really don't describe myself as a person with lack of worldly experience, although I do not describe myself as a worldly person, so what am I after all?!

1a. Simple? Oh nooooooo, no sir!

1b. Ding ding ding! Yap! Here it is ladies and gents!
I'm unsuspecting and I'm very credulous! I do not have a suspicious bone in my body. I trust blindly, unless I don't like someone at first glace... I'm a first impressions kinda of gal. I do not approve of this!! But I think this falls under the category mentioned above of "things that are so difficult to change in ourselves" or impossible in this case. So here it is, the key to this question! It has to be it, because if there's one thing I know is that I do not lack of sophistication!! ;)

So I'm naive, unsuspecting and credulous... Oh boy! It's going to be a hard life... don't you think?

xx

ps: I'm finally leaving the office! Yeay for me ;)



I'm not THAT naive, but this really made me laugh!! ;)

RELATED POSTS

0 comments