Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Decorating just for one...

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 Papillon 0 Comments Category :

There's something definitely bittersweet when decorating a house that was once "ours" and is now "yours"...

On the one hand, it's liberating to be able to buy and decorate at you own will, to have enough space for your shoes (which in my case it's a necessity) and to do whatever you want as you please. Moreover, it's proven that shopping helps women go through a break up, if not scientifically at least from my own experience.

On the other hand, it's just sad... suddenly you realize it's just you and you are alone. No one to share something new you bough, no one to decide with you where to hang that painting, no one waiting when you get home...

But it also helps, a lot! That space needs to be yours, as soon as possible! And there's nothing better than nesting, even if it is just for one. Choosing a new color for my bedroom wall is suddenly soothing, as well as all kinds of DIY projects! Oh yes... keep your hands busy and your mind will follow!! My new mantra! 

So I guess this is just one more step towards my new life... Last week, I was convinced I would feel much better as soon as the move had been done and I had a new bed, a new color scheme, a new couch... but I was fooling myself. Although these all help and it's good to be at my new home, it also sucks... 

But you know what they say "Home is where the heart is" and my heart could not be any more at home than it is now ...



RELATED POSTS

0 comments