Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Talented People - Margriet Smulders

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 Papillon 0 Comments Category : , , ,

This is a text written by the photographer on her website. It just made me love her and her work even more!!


« "Beauty will save the world"
Fyodor Dostoyrvsky

"The awful thing is that beauty is mysterious as well as terrible. God and the devil are fighting there and the battlefield is the heart of man."

Endless garlands of flowers
curleed around the borders of my note pads when I was a school girl. And thousands of roses were cut out from my mother's gardening books. At the Academy of Arts, flowers as large as life were painted on my canvasses. There were always flowers, They flourished in the self-portraits of the eighties and gre bigger in the flower wallpapers made in the nineties.

You can see a whole world in flowers. Lush and strangely erotic tableau entice you into another dimension. Huge mirrors, elaborate glass vases, rich draperies, fruit and cut blooms are used to make these 'paitings'.

As Baudelaire says "Get drunk: on wine, poetry or cirtur". Imagine lingering and languishing in these fresh, sultry and lucid landscapes. I love this sensual state. To lose myself, to deliver myself as in a love affair, Reality doesn't matter. When making photos I get lost in the scenes as if the flowers were caressing me in the gulfs of the sea. »

I just love this.... and love her photographs!!
The ones below were inspired by Sonnet 18 by Shakespeare.

Hope you like them!

Discover more here.


Shall I compare thee to a Summer's Day?


Thou art more lovely and more temperate


Summer's Lease


Sometimes too hot the Eye of heaven shines


Gold Complexion dimm'd


Sometimes Declines


nature's changing course


Eternal Summer


The Fair thou ow'st


Nor shall Death brag


Thou wanderest in his shade


Eternal Lines


So long as men can breathe
 

Eyes can See


RELATED POSTS

0 comments