Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

The Bitch issue and the last movie I watched...

Monday, August 19, 2013 Papillon 0 Comments Category : , , ,

Yesterday I watched the amazing movie "Before Midnight". I was beyond excited to watch this third movie, I mean, I missed Celine and Jesse and I wanted to know what would happen to them at 40, now that they are a couple with two adorable twin daughters, beautifully named after the queens of Jazz Nina Simone and Ella Fitzgerald, by the way.

You know what I've learned from this extraordinary movie?!? Women are real bitches! Yap, that's the truth! This movie is the more realistic one of the three, in the sense that it really depicts a couple's real life, when children, work and schedules get in the way. And how women, when caught up in all these noises of life, can be real bitches. 

It's funny that my cousin also watched the movie and didn't get to the same conclusion... I guess, as everything in life, we see things as we see ourselves and I related a lot with Celine during this movie, even though I hated her! ;)

The sad truth of it all is that I too was a bitch sometimes in my last relationship... I'm ashamed to admit it, but since I'm in a personal quest for inner knowledge, well I figure I might as well put it out there for everyone to read it. 

So as I watched Celine transform into this unrecognizable woman in front of our eyes, and as my hatred for her kept growing, I realized I was having such a strong reaction to the movie because I related so much to it... Human beings in general, women in particular, tend to lose themselves in the day-to-day things, forgetting the much more important things in life and love. It's so easy to get lost and most of the times there's no one there to reel us in and make us see, as Jesse did with Celine, that life is so much more that schedules and petty little things. 

As we get older and share more and more of our lives, we also get more and more responsibilities which can blind us to the things that used to be the center of our universe. Yes, what we think it's important in our 20's is certainly different from our perspective in our 30's and 40's, but we should never lose sight of our more naive selves...

As a good friend told me the other day: "Remember when we were happy and didn't know it?", this is exactly what I mean. When life was easier, we were happier and we didn't even recognize it.

So I guess the secret is to take a journey into our past and hold on to those little things that used to be, and still are, all we need to be happy!

From your most loyal bitch!
xx


             

RELATED POSTS

0 comments