Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

The strike that struck me!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 Papillon 0 Comments Category :

Let me start by saying I do believe in our right to strike, I do believe people should let themselves be heard and should fight for their rights and against injustice. That said... these fucking strikes are making me CRAZY (pardon my French!!)

Yesterday morning, out of nowhere, while drinking my sacred morning coffee, I hear it... subway strike from 6 am to 10 am. Thanks a lot!! Strike days make me mad... I am usually able to put my feelings aside and consider what they are fighting for. Nevertheless,  I'm always a little mad. I'm mad because it will force me to either take my car (and pay a stupid amount of money for parking, get caught in the huge morning-there's-a-strike-traffic and be late for work) or I can catch the 9:38 train, make it to the subway station by 10 and take it (and get canned with hundreds of people, who didn't even get a choice, on a small space and wait and wait because everything will only be working normally at 11 am and, of course, be late for work). So what is my best chance? Yesterday I decided on the train since I had to pay 90€ for a parking ticket on Monday (my week is just getting better by the minute!).

So after the experience, of which I will spare you the horrid details and funny smells involved, I am writing an open letter to the gentleman who are, rightfully I should add!, fuc#&/! with everyone's day!

Hum... hum...

Kind sirs,

I start this letter by stating the obvious: I pay 68,85€ every month for your services and I expect nothing less than that said service in return! While you are on strike and fighting against cuts on your salary, I am cutting on MY salary just to get to work, because you do not fulfill your part on our economical agreement and I am forced to find other options. This may be a shock to you, but the people who have some saying in your salary do not take trains! They move around in tinted window, chauffeured cars, cruising through traffic at great ease and are not, at all, disrupted by your strike (well, maybe ten or so emails and a couple of phone calls). So... please...take it in your heart to stop this! Find another way, a way that will get their attention without completely ruining my day, and by consequence my week and month!

Yours truly,  
68,85€


RELATED POSTS

0 comments