Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

The last book I read

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 Papillon 0 Comments Category : ,

As I've told you before, I'm an avid reader. Often juggling two books at the same time or jumping from novel to novel according to my mood. I'm a firm believer that one should not force a book on oneself. If it isn't working, if you don't feel the story, put it aside... it's not time to read it.

So I'm always buying books, everywhere, especially airports. Don't ask me why, but I always find good books at airports....

The last book I bought was at Orly, Paris. I was waiting for my flight, it was snowing and really cold, and I still had a couple of hours to kill. So I stepped into the bookstore and started to scan the very small English section. On the bottom shelf there was this small book, "Gone Girl". I'm a girl that judges, at first, a book by its cover. And the cover, although not that special, caught my eye. After reading the raving reviews from the NY Times and company, and the back cover, I bought it! And even though I had already a book on my bag, I sat at Starbucks and introduced myself to the characters of Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.

I'm not going to tell you the story! I'm just saying this... It's been a while since I've read SUCH A GOOD BOOK! From the writing, to the construction of the plot, to the amazing twists, I mean... it's just a great book. The best thing? The emotional ride, definitely. We start by loving both characters, than hating one and loving the other, suddenly we hate the one we've loved and we love the one we've hated! It's brilliant!! Nothing is what it seems and the story is so well told that you go on this journey without even noticing it. And the end, keeping up the theme of the book, is exactly what you are not expecting!

People of the world... READ THIS BOOK! That's all I'm saying!


xx


RELATED POSTS

0 comments