Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Is my money better than my food?!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 Papillon 0 Comments Category :

Something curious happened to me this morning on the subway...
I was minding my own business, scrolling away on Instagram, when a guy came up to me asking for money. He was on his early thirties, he looked kinda clean and good looking, so at first I didn't even understood he was asking for money!! I told him I didn't have any on me (which was true) and he persisted, asking if I had at least 10 cents for him "so I can eat" he said. I had my packed lunch with me and offered it immediately  without even blinking, if you want to eat, here is my lunch. You should have seen his reaction... It was a mix of shock and almost repulsion! He stepped way very quickly, saying no, no, no with his hands, head and mouth. "Why not? Take it, please" I told him and he replied "I cannot take your lunch lady and I have where to eat, so thank you." And he walked away...

I still don't know what to think of his reaction... I was puzzled with the whole thing and a little offended, I may add, with the whole talk about "money to eat but I cannot possibly take your food!!!" But I think what is really bothering me is the why and the how of this guy's situation... I mean, why is this sort of good looking guy, apparently normal, doing on the streets, begging for money?! How did he end up in this situation?! I just wished I knew, I just wished I could begin to understand it... But I really don't and I know his face will haunt me during the next few days making me wonder....

xx


RELATED POSTS

0 comments