Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Hey! Do you know yourself?!...

Thursday, July 18, 2013 Papillon 0 Comments Category : ,

Lately I've been thinking about self-knowledge. How well do we really know ourselves?

It seems that when confronted with this question, most of us refer to what others say about us, instead of what we know about ourselves. Again, the concept of reflexion is on top of my mind as we seem to only know ourselves as others see us. Most of us dread to be alone. Because when you are alone, no books, no TV, no iPhone, you are forced to listen to your inner voices and man, do we really want to hear them? Well, I think most of us do not want to hear them at all and yet, we all should!

Self-knowledge is power. It's the power to face the world and others with a sense of self that comes from within; it's empowering yourself with the right tools to face whatever comes your way, because no matter what, you know yourself, you know what you are made of, and that, my friends, is priceless.

And so I arrived at the Proust Questionnaire. Have you ever heard about it? I was first faced with it while studying in Paris, every student had to answer the questions on our first day of classes. More than anything else, the questions really forced me to think about myself in a way that I wasn't really used to. I think we were all a little bit scared by the questionnaire, but in the end it was a great exercise.

So this is my challenge for you today!

Go here and discover yourself. Maybe this will be the start of a new journey of self discovery :)




RELATED POSTS

0 comments