Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Blog withdrawal

Friday, May 02, 2014 Papillon 0 Comments Category : ,

It's been two months since my last post! 

This statement just hit me really hard... This blog is a work of love and I've been neglecting it due to a crazy amount of work (as always!). This just makes me sad, you know? While browsing through my past posts, there's this tendency of mine to disappear for a month or two every now and then. I always come back promising you, and myself!, that I will make an effort, I will continue writing, and yet here we are again.

Honestly, I'm sitting here wondering what the hell am I going to write about? Should I just post some pictures and be done with it? Would that soothe my conscience? Or should I write about the last books I've read? Well, that was my last post so not highly original. Damn! Could it be that I've got nothing interesting enough to write about? Am I just so focus on writing press releases and communication proposals that I can't put together a decent entertaining/moderately-interesting post? Now I just feel depressed....

Let's try the basics... what I've been doing lately:

- Work, that goes without saying. It has been a busy time with new projects, events and a lot of things happening. On the other hand, it has also been a time of growth and evolution, one that I hope continues in the right direction. There's exciting things around the corner and I have been having some fun preparing them. It's always nice when your work gives you the opportunity to participate in great projects that you can be involved with from the start. So that's what's been occupying my time as of late.

- Love. It is always challenging to find time for love and your relationship, especially if it's a new one, when you are BUSY at work. But I've managed, thank the heavens!! I also should say, for the sake of truthfulness, that I am lucky to have a very understanding partner who, even though hates the fact that sometimes I can't really disconnect, is always there ready to listen, to organize fun and romantic dates and to hold me and kiss me until I stop thinking and talking about work! (thank youuu!)

- Friends & Family. There hasn't been much time for my friends or my family, unfortunately. I try to be there for them as much as I can, but I'm still just one person with two arms, two legs, one mind and 24 hours a day. Yeah, I know, lame excuse, but it is what it is. What sucks the most is that three of my most beloved friends are going through tough times and I haven't always been able to be there for them, only on the phone which we all know is not really being there. You guys, I do the best I can, but I should definitely do more, so no excuses for me! I love you all!!

- Travelling. From work to pleasure, this girl has been travelling. Twice to Italy and once to paradise. This last trip, just a quick four day getaway, was just heaven. I will share some photos soon.

- Reading. So many great books, so little time! I've discovered two amazing authors who have been able to literally glue my eyes and hands to their books - Marisha Pessl and Jeremy Bushnell. Fantastic books, amazing stories, inspiring tales!

I guess this sums up most of what's been going on for the last couple of months.
I will not say, once again, that I will try to write more and post more. I think I just have to do it and stop wasting time with promises!

So, I'll leave you with that! 
See you soon and enjoy the sun*






RELATED POSTS

0 comments