Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

It's all about the next....

Monday, December 30, 2013 Papillon 0 Comments Category : , , , ,

Year, that is!
Conversations and social networks' posts were all about Christmas last week and now it's all about next year. There are wishes and to do lists, there are videos and pictures and albums with the best of 2013, there are nostalgic feelings flying around and all I want to do is sit quiet and think properly about this year.

When I look back there's really no nostalgia in my thoughts.There's only happiness. When faced with a year of big changes, one can chose to look at events in many different ways - I choose to look at my year as a year of evolution, self-knowledge and as one more step towards the best person I can be and the best life I can live.

So in keeping with the spirit that has been going around, here's a list of the things I've learned this year:



I can basically sum it all up in these 7 cardinal rules:

1) I've learned to accept my past and take the lessons that are important from it; breathe and look forward. There's really no point in living life when you are stuck in the past or constantly reminiscing. It's important to keep our past with us, it is part of who we are after all, but it is also important to release its heavy weight and take only what's valuable for our present and future!

2) Still working on this, but I believe this year was central in making me realize that the importance we give to other people's opinions should never be bigger than the importance we give to ourselves and our feelings. At the end of the day, we have to be able to look ourselves in the mirror and sleep at night, and that is much easier when we are in peace with ourselves and others. So, if you, like me, care about what other people think of you, well just take a breather and realize that in truth there are only a few people's opinions you should really care about, starting with yours!

3) TRUE STORY!

4) This was a hard lesson, but one of the most valuable ones. It's very easy to put your happiness in somebody else's hands, not only easy but very soothing as you detach yourself from the responsibility of it. Well, news flash my friends: no one, and I mean really NO ONE, is responsible for your own happiness, only you are in charge, only you!

5) I was never one to compare my life with my neighbour's... only with Angelina Jolie's, ahaha! And even her has problems, so seriously... what's the point?

6) Lesson learned! Although I believe we should always take the time to think and analyse our life. Answers, most of the time, just come from within and it's important to take the time to really look at our life and question, in moderation, of course!

7) For a stressed girl like me who carries the weight of the world on her shoulders, this was a tough lesson, but learned nevertheless. Besides smiling, I recommend a step back and a 10 second breather!! It helps!

Besides these valuable lessons, I've also learned:

- To accept who I am, with all my flaws, and my mistakes. See each mistake as a lesson and as an opportunity to grow, see every flaw as a chance to be better. Accept and find the ways to change.

- There's only so much I can do for other people, so as number 4 above, I am also more aware that I am not in charge of other people's happiness. 

- To take care of myself and my soul. Take time to be with me and listen to my needs.

- Hard work is great, amazing and fulfilling! 

- Happiness is good for your soul, your body and your skin! ahah

So I guess this is it! A few lessons this year has taught me, or should I say, life has taught me?

I'm not really sure what 2014 will bring, as I wrote before I've given up plans a long time ago. All I can say is I am ready for it and I can only hope it takes me closer to the person I want to be and the life I want to live.

Be happy!

xx
  



RELATED POSTS

0 comments